Since the beginning of the year, we have been seeing an increase in hack attacks coming from abroad (Russia, Turkey and Brazil). The new year came in with a Brazilian team wreaking havoc on Word press installations now we have an increase i attacks on old Joomla installations. So be vigilant and update frequently.
Tips on Staying safe from hack attacks:
- Update your core Joomla installation and Components to their latest versions.
- Enable SEF URLs, to prevent URL manipulations.
- Uninstall JC Utilities, and disable tinyMCE WYSIWYG editors.
- Protect your admin section by installing Admin Tools
- Read the Joomla Security Releases: Joomla Security Documentation
Need to Migrate Your Joomla 1.5 website?
Migrating your site? Have a huge database? Call us we can help or you can do it yourself:
J2XML Exporter - Importer: Shioi Website
Jupgrader Automatic Migration Tool. Works great on not so complicated site. May have some problems with Multi lingual and complicated sites!: Download here at Redcomponent
Upgrading your Joomla Website from Scratch?
Joomla upgrade packages are here: http://www.joomla.org/download.html